With all of the pollutants in our environment today, it’s no wonder that women have increasingly sensitive skin. Having these toxins and pollutants build up in our bodies only leads to problems, such as sensitive skin. Learning the proper skin care for sensitive skin care is important for you to ensure the health and quality of your face and body, from both the inside and out. So what are some methods of skin care for sensitive skin?
Change your Diet
Believe it or not, but what we put into our mouths each and every day can be causing our skin problems. From oily skin to rosacea to sensitive skin, what you eat will be reflected upon in your complexion. If you do find yourself suddenly suffering from sensitive skin, what you will first want to do is to ensure that you are drinking a minimum of 8 glasses o water a day. Water will help flush out any toxins that may be causing your sensitive skin.
Next, focus on eating more fruits and vegetables. Not only do these foods also have added hydration benefits, but they are choc full of vitamins, minerals, and other trace elements that naturally will improve both the texture and appearance of your skin.
TIP: Some natural foods will still cause a reaction, such as hot and spicy foods. Avoid these at all costs, and have yourself checked out to see if you have any allergies to other food products.
There are a whole lot of products on the market that are geared towards helping those with sensitive skin, but nothing will help your skin more than taking the natural route. Using spice, oils, and foods that are already in our own home will go a long way in helping cure your sensitive skin better than any $20 facial wash or cream will. Here are some natural ways to help your sensitive skin:
- Aloe vera is a great natural moisturizer. Use it when ever you notice red, blotchy patches of irritated skin.
- Drink green tea and apply cooled green tea directly to your face! Green tea has natural anti-inflammatory properties, meaning that your skin will be soothed and have a less harsh reaction to what ever product or products are causing your sensitive skin.
- Aim to buy natural products that contain licorice.
- Both almond oil and jojoba oil are great for sensitive skin. You can incorporate these oils into any natural facial cleanser to really help soothe and treat your skin.
- A mix of mashed cucumber and yogurt is a great facial mask. These ingredients not only soothe sensitive skin, but they can heal it as well!